Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Re-Inventing The Wheel

I was gazing through Free People's new London Edition mag that just got delivered. If we're (me) being honest, my love for Free People has died and so has their taste. It was like hippie and homeless met urban trendy that got stuck in the 70's. Does any of that sound pleasant to you? Basically, they are replicating Goodwill and the prices aren't as good and they aren't finding the Goooods...

I am all about fashion trends re-inventing themselves throughout time. Here are a few of my favorite trends that are circling around the block again (in a good way). I also HIGHLY encourage you to embrace them!! I am obsessed with the high waist-ed pant that Marilyn Monroe rocked so effortlessly back in the day.



I also rock a few rompers that originate from the early 1900's and seem to be coming back with vengeance.
 A few things to pay attention to on both these styles are:

1. The RIDE UP- front and back-No Camel Toe Please... yes, I said it. I always recommend wearing a boyfriend fit, silk, underwear with these looks- it helps avoid ride up and provides that extra smooth texture to help with our not so favorite areas. 
2. How TIGHT- The less fitted, the better the draping- depending on how comfortable you are with your stomach ("tire") area. You do not want to accentuate. I do not recommend wearing very fitted versions of these outfits unless you have a more slender stature. 
3. Sizing is different. These pieces are never meant to be low rise or the waist below your belly button. It's your true waist line, not your hips. 


I hope these tips and ideas help you branch out and bring out your inner Marilyn.

Loves...

- JRS



No comments:

Post a Comment