Friday, November 4, 2011

I Would Have Never Picked That Out...

"I would have never picked that out and I love it."

This statement is my FAVORITE thing to hear on personal styling adventures. My last two clients said just that! A lot of times we get bogged down in our own insecurities and forget to look outside the box. Do you ever challenge yourself in other areas of your life to take a risk or push yourself to work harder or try something new? Is this also a part of your Closet Story?

Clothing is that extra layer of protection over our naked bodies. It's a statement. Whether that statement is, I want to stand out, I don't want to be noticed or I want to blend in. Either way, you are saying something about yourself, your confidence and how you want to be perceived. All of which are completely fine as long as it fits YOU and YOU ALONE. One of the major blessings of what I get to do is helping people try new things to spark a new excitement, confidence and comfort that they don't normally feel.

Clothing is also a material item. Fashion and design are beautiful things to me because they happen to be a vehicle for confidence in oneself. I am not obsessed with clothing. I am obsessed with what clothing can do for people.

If we have that extra layer of confidence that comes from either the perfect encouraging statement, a compliment that was said at the perfect time or the outfit we feel will help us conquer the world... we will create change for the better. We will do MORE than we thought we would. That's what "I would have never picked that out and I love it!" means to me.

- JRS


Food For Thought Blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment